1. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of the birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound.我记得非常清楚, 以前, 湛蓝的天空, 鸟儿的歌唱, 月光和鲜花, 从未令我心迷神往过。(B1 P2)
There was a time when…. 曾经有段时间…
例句: There was a time when my son was crazy about computer games. 曾经有段时间我儿子痴迷于电脑游戏。
仿写1: 曾经有段时间我非常厌倦学习 There was a time when was very tired of study.
was a time when my brother was crazy about
2. I happened to be upstairs at dusk when the window was open. 黄昏时刻我碰巧在楼上, 窗户是开着的。(B1 P2) happen to do ...when ... 当……的时候……碰巧……
例句: I happened to be cooking when the telephone rang. 电话铃响时我正好在做饭。
说明: 表示“碰巧做某事”也可用It happens/happened that...句型。
I happened to be standing next to him when he fell.
It happened that his parents were at home when I called on him yesterday.
3. I didn’t go downstairs until the window had to be shut.直到不得不关窗时, 我才下楼。(B1 P2) not... until… 直到……才……
例句： 直到你帮我指出来, 我才意识到我的错误。
I didn’t realize my mistakes until you pointed out them.
I didn’t go to bed until I had finished my homework last night.
The students didn’t stop talking until the teacher came in.
4. It was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face.这是我一年半以来第一次目睹夜晚。(B1 P2) It is the first time that...have/has done 这是某人第一次做某事
例句: This is the second time that I have come to Dongguan. 这是我第二次来东莞。
说明: 本句型中的it可用this或that替代;first可改为second, third...等；当is改为was时, 从句中的have改为had。
仿写1: 这是我第二次来东莞。This is the second time that I have come to Dongguan.
I told the guide that it was the first time that I had travelled (travel) in Taiwan..
5. Although I try to talk to my classmates, I still find it hard to make good friends with them. 虽然我努力去跟我的同学交谈, 但我依然觉得跟他们成为好朋友是很困难的。(B1 P7)
find it +adj.+ to do sth.觉得做某事是……的
例句: I find it difficult to learn physics well. 我觉得学好物理很难。
说明: 本句型中的形容词可以用hard, difficult, easy, interesting, possible等。
仿写1: 我发现写一篇好文章不容易。I find it difficult to write a good passage.
仿写2 : 我认为学会开车是非常有用的I think it useful to learn to drive.
was a time when I was getting along well with
Xiaodong. We were concerned about each
other. When on
1. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患难之交,才是真朋友
2. A life without a friend is a life without a sun. 人生在世无朋友,犹如生活无太阳
3. Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚，人以群分
4. Friendship the older it grows the stronger it is. 友谊地久天长。