1. upset vt. 使心烦; 使生气; 弄翻 adj. 心烦的; 不适的
原句: Your friend comes to school very upset.你的朋友来上学, 心情非常不好。(B1 P1)
例句: Not passing the exam, the boy sat there very upset. 那个男孩因考试不及格, 坐在那里, 心情很不好。(句中upset是形容词作补语, 表示主语的状态, 意为“心烦的”)。
说明 upset的过去式和过去分词与原形相同; upset为表语形容词。
运用: ⑴ He upset the cup (将杯子弄翻了) and the coffee went all over the floor.
⑵ I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you. (让你不高兴).
⑶ If I catch you doing that again, I’ll be very upset with you.
2. calm adj. 冷静的, 平静的; vt. 使平静, 镇静
例句: We should calm ourselves down while in danger.我们遇到危险时应该保持冷静。
运用: ⑴ Please calm down(冷静下来) and let me know what has happened.
⑵ The doctor has given her some pills to calm her down (使她镇静下来).
⑶ I tried to stay/keep calm (保持冷静). I knew that worrying wouldn’t help me.
3. ignore vt. 忽视，不顾，不理睬
例句: You will ignore the bell and go somewhere quiet to calm your friend down. 你会不顾铃声，到一个僻静地方去，让你的朋友冷静下来。
运用: ⑴ I said hello to her，but she ignored me (不理睬我) completely!
⑵ You can’t ignore the fact (忽视这个事实) that China is still a developing country.
4. concern vt. (使)担忧;涉及;关系到 n. 担心;关注;(利害)关系
例句: This matter concerns all of us.这件事与我们每个人都有关系。
运用: ⑴ Her illness concerns her parents (使她的父母很担心).
⑵ Out of concern for her health (出于对她健康的关心), we suggested she take a week off work.
⑶ As far as I am concerned, (就我而言)，I’m not against your plan.
5. settle vi. 安家；定居；停留 vt. 使定居；安排；解决
例句: After years of travel, we decided to settle in Guangzhou. 我们旅行多年后, 决定在广州安家。
派生: settler n. 移民；殖民者 settlement _n. 殖民;开拓
运用: ⑴ They moved the local people and settle them in another place (使他们在别处定居).
⑵ When are you going to marry and settle down (结婚过上安定生活)?
⑶ He found it hard to settle (down) to his work (静下心来工作).
⑷ It is said that the first settlers (settle) of this country were prisoners to settle.
6. suffer vi. 感到疼痛/痛苦(feel pain or sadness) vt. 遭受,经历(experience something bad)
例句：She suffered from loneliness. 她遭受孤独的折磨。(suffer from: be badly affected by
派生：sufferer n.患病者，受难者suffering n.疼痛，痛苦，折磨
运用： ⑴ The patient is still suffering
. ⑵ The football team suffered a defeat yesterday.
⑶ He is suffering from toothache now.遭受, 经历
7.go through 经历;经受;审查;浏览
例句：How can she keep smiling after all she has gone through？ 经历了这么多事情后她怎么能保持微笑呢？
联想： get through 通过；做完；接通电话
运用： ⑴ Could you go through this file (通读一下这份文件) and mark anything that is relevant？
⑵ We have already got through half of our work (已经做完一半工作).
8. be/get tired of 对……厌烦
例句：We are tired of sitting in the classroom all day. 我们厌倦了整天坐在教室里。
运用：⑴ Though Jack is often tired from his job, he is never tired of it. In fact, he enjoys it.
⑵ The teacher is not good at teaching. No wonder the children grow bored with his lesson.
9. join in 参加(某项活动)
例句：Join in our discussion and maybe you will have a better idea. 如果你加入我们的讨论或许你会有更好的主意。
运用： ⑴ All the senior students are welcome to join in /take part in /participate in (参加) the contest. The first five winners will be given prizes.
(2) Would you like me to join in (参加) the game?
(3) He joined (参加)us in the discussion yesterday.
2. adj.不安的 vt.使不安upset
3. v.(使)平静 adj.平静的_calm
4. vi.打雷 n.雷; 雷声thunder
5. n.提示; 技巧 vt.倾斜tip
6. vi. 安家, 定居settle
7. n.项目; 条款item
8. n.窗帘; 幕布curtain
9. n.伙伴; 合作者partner
14. n.手提箱; 衣箱suitcase
15. n. 十几岁的青少年teenager
16. vt. 忽视，不理睬ignore
1. add up 合计 2. calm…down (使)平静; (使)镇定
3. suffer from遭受; 患病 4. go through 经历; 经受
5.be concerned about_ 关心; 挂念 6. be crazy about_对…十分狂热/痴迷
7. be tired of 对……厌烦 8. get along with 与……相处; 进展
9. have nothing to do with与……无关 10. on purpose 故意
11. at dusk在黄昏时刻 12. set down 记下; 放下; 登记
13.walk the dog 遛狗 14. _a series of 一连串的
15. fall in love with爱上… 16. keep a diary_写日记
17. as far as sb be concerned 就…而言 18.for some reason 因为某种原因
19. be grateful to sb for sth 因…感激某人
20. have some difficulty/trouble/problem with/in在某方面存在困难
21. hold sb entirely in on
1. 不理睬，忽视v. ignore无知n. ignorance
2. 松的adj. loose 松开v. loosen
3. 积灰尘的adj. dusty 灰尘n. dust
4. 定居安家解决v. settle 定居安家解决n. settlement定居者n. settler
5. 痊愈v. recover 痊愈n. recovery
6.发现v. discover n. discovery
7. 孤单的寂寞的adj. lonely孤单寂寞n. loneliness
8.大自然n. nature自然的adj. natural自然地adv. Naturally
9. 权利力量n. power 强大的 adj. powerful 有影响力的adv. powerfully
10. 感激n. gratitude 感激的adj. grateful 感激地adv. gratefully
11. 镇定的；平静的adj. calm（使）平静vt.& vi. calm平静，冷静n. calmness